This page provides information on how the media can contact ANZCCART Board members, an image database, and web resources related to the use of animals in research, testing or teaching.
How to Contact ANZCCART (NZ) Board Members for Media Comments
ANZCCART (NZ) board members are generally happy to be contacted for comment. Please contact the ANZCCART (NZ) secretary at the Royal Society of New Zealand and they will forward your request to the appropriate member.
Image database for the use of animals in research, testing or teaching
An image database featuring copyright free images of animals suitable for use in stories on animal use in testing, teaching and research is available through the Understanding Animal Use website (UK based). This website also contains a number of resources on the use of animals in research.
- Understanding Animal Research (UK website)
- ANZCCART (NZ) Resource bank and recommendations on best practices
- Animal Welfare Act 1999 (Parliamentary Council Office website)
- Guide to the Animal Welfare Act (Ministry for Primary Industries website)
- The National Animal Ethics Advisory Committee (NAEAC) website
- The National Animal Welfare Committee (NAWAC) website
- RNZSPCA website
- Alt web (resource database hosted by Johns Hopkins University)
- ANZCCART Annual Report 2013 (PDF, 1.5 MB, 46 pages)